Friday 27 August 2010

Rock Books


Having now finished Electric Eden I thought I would list, in no particular order, my favourite music books - predominantly about rock music I should add:

James Young Nico, Songs They Never Play on the Radio
David Toop Ocean of Sound
Nick Kent The Dark Stuff
John Savage England's Dreaming, Sex Pistols and Punk Rock
Simon Reynolds Rip It Up and Start Again: Post Punk 1978-84
Johnny Rogan Starmakers and Svengalis
David Cavanagh The Creation Records Story: My Magpie Eyes are Hungry for the Prize
Bill Drummond 45
Julian Cope Head On and Krautrocksampler
Lester Bangs Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung

Honourable mentions for cultural histories:
Jonathon Green Days in the Life, Voices from the English Underground 1961-71
Robert Hewison Too Much
Jeff Nuttall Bomb Culture (the edition pictured is the same as mine and in similar condition)

No comments: