Tuesday 19 April 2016

Underground Updates

As I write this I am presently 5999th in a queue to buy tickets for a series of visits to Hidden London organised by the London Transport Museum, including the Down Street 'ghost station' and Clapham South Deep Level Shelter.  It seems unlikely that I shall be getting a ticket, despite the fact that they are a mind-and wallet-blowing £75 each!  At least the Down Street tickets are, others are less expensive.

I have added yet another update to the massively popular post on the alleged Victorian street under Selfridges in the light of the Subterranean Saturday discussions.  

It is highly likely that I shall be joining David Quantick, Gareth E Rees and others for an evening of what they have termed 'Weird Shit' at Borough Wines in Robertson Street, Hastings on Thursday 5th May.  I'll be talking for about 20 minutes about some of the more outlandish tales in my secret tunnel book.  I understand that there will be a folklorish theme to the evening as it follows shortly after the excellent annual Jack in the Green festival.  The shop has a large grungy underground space that looks as if it should have a smugglers' tunnel leading from it to the beach.

No comments: